If your optical dispensary sees sluggish sunglass sales come the winter months, you may be looking for ways to lift sales and keep those pairs moving!
A campaign structure we like includes:
- Your customer service staff
- In-office messaging
- Your website and social media
Here’s a campaign to get you started:
The Campaign: Update Your Snow Shades
The Update Your Snow Shades campaign will help educate your customers about the important role sunglasses play in protecting your eyes, and how winter presents additional factors to consider.
Start by Identifying Sales Opportunities
This campaign needs to be supported by your team members and have an in-office focus. This allows everyone to equally connect with customers and patients.
During Eye Exams
An eye exam is not necessarily the ideal place for a sales conversation, but it most certainly is the ideal place for an educational one. Inform patients about:
- How UV light can impact vision. There’s no need to get too technical here, as most people will readily understand that UV rays are harmful.
- How glare is a major factor in eye strain, especially when outdoors on a sunny day.
- Where and how snow blindness comes into play, especially on a ski hill.
As Part of the Prescription Eyewear Process
Some speaking points that may introduce the sunglass conversation:
- Ask if they currently have a pair of prescription sunglasses. If they are purchasing new glasses they might be interested in sunglasses, especially after a conversation about their benefits.
- Talk about how easy it is to have a pair of prescription sunglasses made.
At Every Customer Touchpoint
Sales opportunities often present themselves through conversation. A few talking points that may introduce a sales conversation about sunglasses:
- Ask if they are planning any winter activities, such as skiing, snowboarding, or snowshoeing.
- Find out if they are planning on enjoying a sunny vacation.
- Highlight new products you have available, including specialty products such as ski goggles and sports eyewear.
- Suggest specific brand names and new trends in sunglasses, such as FYSH UK.
Reinforcing the Message on All Customer Facing Channels
Ensure that all your customer-facing channels are delivering the same message.
- Create branded visuals to display in-office. Think: posters, banners, pamphlets.
- Showcase your sunglasses with an exciting and prominent display.
- Use your WestGroupe COOP dollars for custom window clings, duratrans, posters, etc. Contact your rep for more information.
Your Website & Social Channels
- On the website home page, create a prominent call to action that sends website traffic to a supporting blog post that is visually engaging.
- Update your Facebook and Twitter cover images with an image that matches visuals used in-office and on the website
- Create posts on all social media channels that link back to your supporting blog post.
Wrapping it Up and Bringing it All Together
Keep focused on your goals; it’s easy to get lost in the details. Remember, your campaign only made up of a few well-executed components:
- A clear message and value statement
- Internal training, promotion, and supporting marketing materials
- A blog post and a few small website changes
The above campaign template can be retooled for any season and idea. Go ahead and emulate the template or talk to one of our experts about the latest trends in eyewear. We can help you become one of the leaders in eyewear fashion.